Logic Pro Vs Ableton Live – The Major Players
October 27, 2016
With the budding demand for both Logic Pro and Ableton Live in the world of electronic music; it’s really tough to decide on which software is the best. Music producers are often caught in dilemma while selecting the best Digital Audio Workstation.
Inimitable in their functionality and performance; each software has its own limitations and it’s up to the music producers to make use of the relevant software as per requirement.
We are here to explore the efficiency of both the software. It’s up to you to decide which software will work better for you.
Here we go:
Logic Pro X from Apple Inc. is extensively used software offering amazing music production solution that works for almost everyone. The software became popular because of being easy and intuitive; as expected from Apple products. Delivering the right kind of functionality, Logic Pro X has perfectly created an impact as a trustworthy DAW.
Let’s take a quick glance at some of the points that make this software better than its predecessors;
- Offers immense functionality and is completely worthwhile
- Easy to understand
- Features musical instrument digital interface(MIDI) capabilities along with other effective plug-ins
Navigation is easy. You can simply guess how to accomplish a task on Logic Pro.
- The software also has state-of-the-art audio capabilities
Ableton Live 9
This one is simply different as it doesn’t follow any rulebook. Apart from being the best recording program, Ableton Live is one of the best performance instruments in itself. With great refinement in MIDI editing, this software is one of the best out there.
- The live element of this software makes it a dream Digital audio workstation. This particular feature makes this software stand out from the rest
- The chaining capability of Ableton is much better and is easier too
- The sounds it produces are refreshing and glossy
- The wide numbers of MIDI controllers add passion and excitement to the whole experience.
- Ableton boast greatly defined MIDI editing and highly-functional Audio to MIDI conversion features
Ableton has created its own identity because of its live element and proprietary plug-ins that help redefine the EDM sound. On the other hand, Logic has simply great user interface and is offering contented experience at a much lower rate.